1. Narrow mats create a busy target don’t be afraid of large mat borders.
2. Don’t try to match room colors exactly, however…
3. If color is critical, bring samples of fabric and paint to the shop.
4. The framing should not overpower the art.
5. Hang pictures at eye level.
6. Mix frames of different colors and styles in a room.
7. Look at room decor in magazines and on television to help figure out what you like.
8. Ask questions at the Frame Shack, the more you know, the better you can make informed decisions about framing your art and objects.